Wonder what the top trends in new construction are today?
Looking for some great ideas for your home? How about a voice-activated assistant that will give you a weather update while you pour coffee into a preheated mug from a warming drawer? Not your style? No worries — there’s something for everyone
- Downstairs master bedrooms or main floor living house plans
- Details that are uniquely your own—Brushed and polished contemporary to rough-hewn and reused, this will make for dynamic, timeless interior details
- Renewables/ green energy efficient construction
- Open plans— a casual lifestyle. Larger center islands, larger kitchen and great room layouts, taller ceilings in areas like family rooms and sun rooms, built-in bookshelves, wider plank flooring
- Storage, storage, storage—Drop zones, larger pantries, well-designed shelving and cabinetry
- The death of the formal dining room—breakfast rooms are becoming larger or connected to a sun room
- Walkable neighborhoods—homebuyers want walking trails or sidewalks.
- Outdoor rooms that extend the living space of a home.
- Thrive in place design—people fear nursing facilities more than death
- More Contemporary/Modern clean lines in lights/faucets/appliances